Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week's update

Eric had a bad cold this past week, so he skipped school. We spent a lot of time playing with Bella and Joshua, who will be leaving for Thailand in a week. Still have to get used to the idea...

On Friday I went on a field trip to observe some of the work that Arild's organization, PSI, is doing, to see if I can learn something relevant for my work. I observed a community-based discussion about AIDS, a theatre skit, and learned about the work of counsellors that test and advice people about AIDS. It was very interesting, the main thing I learned was how important it is to make programs culturally relevant. PSI website: http://www.psi.org/where_we_work/mozambique.html



At Kordula's bday party (she is to the right)
On Saturday we went to our friend's bday party in Matola, a city just next to Maputo. She is German, married to a Mozambican. She and I are both in early childhood education, so our husbands usually get cross with us once we start talking, because that's all we talk about:). Anyway, the kids and we had great fun at the party. We had to put them straight into the bathtub when we came back, as they were literally covered with mud...

Then at night we went to the engagement party of Arild's colleague, which was just so romantic and touching... We were totally exhaused by the heavy social life by the end of the day, but it also felt great to spend time with friends:).



No comments:

Post a Comment