.jpg)
My trip went well. Eric and Maya cried on the phone the first night, but Arild said it was easy from then on. It took more like 8 hrs to get to Maxixe, because of major road repairs. But the spectacular road views of blue waters and sandy soils with palmtrees compensated for the long trip. Our team (7 all together) made daily trips to the communities, to collect information on the programs we implement, train preschool teachers, and conduct visits to partner organizations and government offices. It was very intense, but extremely educational. I also learned about 101 ways to use coconuts, coconut leaves, stalks, and every other coconut product, for food, drink, housing, fences, furniture, and what not! Coconuts are abundant in Inhambane, and the life of
communities revolves around them. I brought some coconuts home, and the kids have had fun rolling, cleaning, and eating them:).
communities revolves around them. I brought some coconuts home, and the kids have had fun rolling, cleaning, and eating them:).
.jpg)
So glad the trip went well, and that Arild survived...hehehe...
ReplyDeleteLove Inhambane! Very special place in my heart.